As an Amazon Associate,
Teri earns a commission from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for your support.
MASTER CLASS Series
Learn Skills to Be a Cobbler
I’ve designed this series of videos with the student and entrepreneur in mind.
Each specific skill taught here has proven to bring me consistent business income.
I’ll demonstrate how to do each of the projects from home
using a basic set of tools and supplies.
Cobbler Masterclass Lessons
There are 14 videos in the Cobbler Masterclass Series.
(YouTube publish date: May 9, 2020)
- Workshop Tools
(YouTube publish date: May 10, 2020)
- Cleaning & Conditioning
(YouTube publish date: May 16, 2020)
- Polishing Shoes
(YouTube publish date: May 17, 2020)
- Dying Fabric Shoes and Handbags
(YouTube publish date: May 23, 2020)
- Gluing Shoes
(YouTube publish date: May 24,2020)
- Painting Leather
(YouTube publish date: May 30,2020)
- Shoe Stretching
(YouTube publish date: May 31, 2020)
- Insoles (
YouTube publish date: June 6, 2020)
- Birkenstock Care
(YouTube publish date: June 7, 2020)
- Equestrian Boot and Saddle Repair
(YouTube publish date: June 13, 2020)
- Belts-Making and Repair
(YouTube publish date: June 14, 2020)
- Sewing Leather Goods
(YouTube publish date: June 20, 2020)
- Installing Hardware-Craftool Pro Handpress
(YouTube publish date: June 21, 2020)
Cobbler Masterclass Supplies
This is a complete list of all supplies used in the Cobbler Masterclass Series and is organized by lesson. If you shop on-line at my Amazon Shopping Cart https://www.amazon.com/shop/teriedmonds, I make a small percentage, so thank you for supporting these videos! The leather, Craftool Pro Workshop and the Craftool Pro Handpress can all be found at TandyLeather.com. The fabric dye supplies are available at Benjaminwalk.com. Be sure to tell them I sent you!
- Workshop Tools Craftool Pro Workbench-available at TandyLeather.com, hammer, nippers, razor knife and razors, cutting mat, dremmel and assorted attachments with cone sander.
- Cleaning and Conditioning: Lincoln EZ-Suede cleaner, Cadillac Boot and Shoe Care, dish, Tacco nylon brush, towel.
- Polishing Shoes: Moneysworth cream polish, Lincoln Wax, polishing cloth, horse hair applicator brush, 8 inch horsehair polish brush.
- Dying Fabric Shoes and Handbags: International Dye Chart, dye, Measuring glass, large and small daubers, sample swatch, jar for larger batches
- Gluing Shoes: Masters Cement, Masters Thinner, Screwdriver, razor knife, sandpaper, oil can dremmel and kit, respirator, loves, safety glasses, Gorilla Super Glue
- Painting Leather: Angelus Leather Paint-various colors, color wheel, paint brushes, rags
- Shoe Stretching: Width stretchers, rubbing alcohol, water, spray bottle, heat gun
- Insoles: Leather, Glue, scissors, sandpaper, paint, paint brush
- Birkenstock Care: EZ-Suede Cleaner, dish, cloth, Cork Renew
- Equestrian Boot and Saddle Repair: Craftool Pro Workshop, glue, sandpaper, hammer/mallot
- Belt Making & Repair: Craftool Pro Workshop, hammer, glue, waxed sinew, hand sewing needle, skiving knife, leather dye, leather polish, sandpaper, rivets, Craftool Pro Handpress, handpress dies, leather, roller knife, buckle and keeper
- Sewing Leather Goods: Janome 3000, nylon thread, scissors, needle-nose pliers, hand-punch
- Installing hardware for leather: Craftool Pro Handpress, handpress dies, wide double cap rivets, solid brass rivets, line 24 snaps, stamps, copper rivets and bursround spots, tubular rivets, large eyelets, small eyelets, segma snaps.
I grew up inspired by fashion. After high school I entered college and fell in love with my fashion design courses. However, my major in fashion design quickly changed to a major in accounting when I realized I might have trouble finding work when I left school
I graduated from the University of Arizona with a major in accounting and finance. Soon after, I moved to Maui where I opened my own small accounting practice. The business was successful but I wasn’t very happy. Ultimately, my personal goal was to make money doing what I love. Since that wasn’t happening, I decided to change things for myself.
I opened my shoe store, If The Shoe Fits Maui, in 2001. The store specialized in women’s large and wide shoes. At the time, the shoe industry didn’t make very many styles that were wide, so I used the local shoe repair to stretch and modify shoes for me. Eventually, I bought the small shoe repair and ended up where I am today, as a cobbler, shoemaker and repairer of many different things.
My job consists of painting, gluing, dying, sewing, designing and making things. Of course, not every day is dreamy. I still have to do the bookkeeping, cleaning and the diplomacy of customer service. However, my top goals in life are being met. I am my own boss and I set my own hours. I get paid to do what I love and I want to share that knowledge with you.
If The Shoe Fits
250 Alamaha St., unit N-7
Kahului, HI 96732
( next to Goodwill )
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Friday: 10am - 5pm
(Closed for lunch, 1 - 2pm)
Saturday: 10am - 12pm
REPAIRS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY